Justin Lin will direct the third Star Trek movie, reportedly scheduled to release in 2016.
The announcement comes after the previous director, Roberto Orci, left the film earlier this month. The previous two installments were directed by J.J. Abrams, who passed on the third to focus on the new Star Wars movie.
Lin is known for directing several of the films in the Fast & Furious franchise: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, 2009’s Fast & Furious, Fast Five and Fast & Furious 6. He’s also slated to direct the first two episodes of True Detective season two.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears