“It happened a few nights ago,” a Madden pal tells PEOPLE about the proposal. “All of Benji’s friends are aware and happy for him.”
Spending quality time with the actress’s family in Florida earlier this year, the rocker, 35, went the traditional route when asking for his future wife’s hand in marriage.
“Her mom is a fan of him as well and gave her blessing,” says the pal.
“Since she started dating Benji, Cameron has changed in a very positive way,” a source said earlier this year. “She can’t stop smiling and seems much happier.”
Staying mum on any engagement news (while flashing some suspicious hardware on her ring finger), the star, 42, gave a peek into her whirlwind romance in Cosmopolitan‘s January issue, telling the magazine that “timing is everything.”
“If you get into a relationship where you want something the guy doesn’t want, it’s never gonna work,” she said. “You’re never going to get him to be in that place. No matter how old you are, finding the guy who’s in the same place as you are and wants to show up is the only way a relationship works, period.”
Reps for the couple have not responded to requests for comment.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption