Looking to download a few great iPhone apps while saving some money this week? Check out these four, all on sale or free right now.
Lego Harry Potter
Some of the most popular Harry Potter games have been their LEGO versions, like the strangely terrifying LEGO brick version of Chamber of Secrets. Now, Harry Potter years 1-4 and 5-7 are on sale for iPhone, which means revisiting your after-school days of skipping homework and working your way through Harry Potter’s world instead.
Batman Arkham City Lockdown
While Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy gave you only a taste of battling Gotham’s most depraved psychopaths, this game allows you to delve deep into that world of criminal insanity. Customize your Batman character, collect power-ups, deploy the Caped Crusader’s signature gadgets and clobber bad guys until the streets of Gotham have been cleansed.
Batman Arkham City Lockdown is on sale for $0.99 in the App Store.
If you’re a fan of podcasts, but find that on occasion the sound quality is poor, then check out Castro, which offers high-fidelity versions of your favorite subscriptions. Castro has all the top podcasts, like This American Life, Radiolab and Serial — just in much higher quality sound than you’re used to.
Castro is on sale for $1.99 in the App Store.
You can learn more in a few hours of playing with Art Cloud than you did in that whole semester of art history you took. The app is packed with over 1,000 artists and 60,000 works of art. Although it’s probably easiest to use on an iPad, the app works well on your iPhone, too. One of its best functions allows users to explore specific museums across the world, which means you don’t need to revisit the Orsay to remember the name of a painting you liked.
Art Cloud is temporarily free in the App Store.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022