It is unknown if they were hit by a direct strike or injured by a nearby bolt, however Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Tampa Fire and Rescue said it doesn’t appear the people were struck by lightning, but “knocked to the ground nearby.”
Tampa Fire and Rescue said at least six were being treated by paramedics, and all of the victims were taken to a local area hospital. None of the injuries are fatal, according to Auman.
The injuries occurred in the parking lot at the north end of the stadium.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year