Paul McCartney has not given up on writing a protest anthem for demonstrations against the killing of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
“I was thinking recently about all these protests in New York and around the country,” he told Rolling Stone, “I thought it would be great to put something down about that, just to add my voice to the thousands of people walking in the streets.”
Nonetheless the former Beatle had to scrap his initial attempt to write a song, amid a struggle to find the right tone. “I’m not giving up on it,” he said.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears