Madonna released six new songs from an unreleased album on Saturday, in a surprise move meant to counter the leak of “incomplete” tracks that were shared online earlier in the week.
Madonna called the surprise release an “early Christmas gift” to her fans, the Associated Press reports, adding that she hoped the completed tracks might deter fans from listening to the leaked songs, which she said were unfinished demos that were not yet ready for release.
The songs come from her newest album, Rebel Heart, which was slated for a March release date. Her publicist said the singer would release more tracks on February 9.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time