An elderly West Virginia couple died after eating tainted meatloaf at a Bob Evans restaurant, according to a lawsuit by their children, who are seeking hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The suit by Mark and Ann Starcher claims that about nine hours after their parents’ meal, Virginia and Harold Starcher became “violently ill” and went to the emergency room, CNN reports. The lawsuit says the dad then suffered a stroke and both parents died over the next several months in hospice care.
A spokesman for Bob Evans said the company sympathizes with the family but says there “is no basis to the allegations contained in the complaint and the suit is entirely without merit.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer