1) Want to pick a creative gift that the receiver will be surprised by? Don’t do it. Studies show people are much more satisfied by presents they said they wanted.
3) To control your spending, hide the credit card and make sure your wallet contains only big denomination bills. People are less tempted to break big bills than to spend small ones.
4) How can you resist a seductive sales pitch? Think about money.
5) Want to increase the chance people will like the gifts you bought? Wrap them.
If you’re curious about why we buy then I suggest you read the aptly titled: Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping.
- How To Stop Being Lazy And Get More Done – 5 Expert Tips
- 6 Things The Most Productive People Do Every Day
- New Harvard Research Reveals A Fun Way To Be More Successful
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow