1) Want to be happy?
It’s more about perspective than anything else. Write down three good things that happen to you every day.
(More on happiness here: Things that are proven to make you happier.)
2) Want to be more creative?
Expose yourself to as many different perspectives as possible and get them crashing around in your head.
(More on creativity here: The four principles that will lead you to breakthrough creativity.)
3) Want better friendships?
Stay in touch every two weeks and make sure that the good moments outnumber the bad.
(More here: 5 ways to strengthen your friendships.)
4) Want a better romantic relationship?
Add some visceral excitement. Roller coasters beat counseling. It’s called “misattribution of emotions” — thrills become associated with the people we share them with — even if they had nothing to do with them.
(More here: This simple thing kills many relationships.)
5) Want to be more productive?
Religiously use checklists. They’re simple and they work.
What happens when you consistently use checklists in an intensive care unit? People stop dying.
(More here: 6 things that will make you more productive.)
- How To Stop Being Lazy And Get More Done – 5 Expert Tips
- What 10 things should you do every day to improve your life?
- How To Make Your Life Better By Sending Five Simple Emails
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms