Actor Stephen Collins has admitted to inappropriate sexual contact with three female minors in a statement to People.
A recording of the 67-year-old 7th Heaven actor confessing to child molestation was released to TMZ and published in October. Collins recounts three victims from 1973 to 1994 and how “I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way” in the last 20 years.
In his statement to People, Collins said, “Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since. I’ve decided to address these issues publicly because two months ago, various news organizations published a recording made by my then-wife, Faye Grant, during a confidential marriage therapy session in January, 2012. This session was recorded without the therapist’s or my knowledge or consent.”
Read more at People
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving