Actor Stephen Collins has admitted to inappropriate sexual contact with three female minors in a statement to People.
A recording of the 67-year-old 7th Heaven actor confessing to child molestation was released to TMZ and published in October. Collins recounts three victims from 1973 to 1994 and how “I have not had an impulse to act out in any such way” in the last 20 years.
In his statement to People, Collins said, “Forty years ago, I did something terribly wrong that I deeply regret. I have been working to atone for it ever since. I’ve decided to address these issues publicly because two months ago, various news organizations published a recording made by my then-wife, Faye Grant, during a confidential marriage therapy session in January, 2012. This session was recorded without the therapist’s or my knowledge or consent.”
Read more at People
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com