In the upcoming February issue of Elle UK, Jamie Dornan reveals that he took his upcoming role in Fifty Shades of Grey very seriously. The Northern Irish actor, who will play a billionaire who is into BDSM in the film adaptation of the best-selling book, said he even visited sex dungeons to get into character.
“I went there, they offered me a beer, and they did…whatever they were into. I saw a dominant with one of his two submissives,” he told ELLE about the experience. “I was like: ‘Come on guys I know I’m not paying for this but I am expecting a show.’ It was an interesting evening. Then going back to my wife and newborn baby afterwards… I had a long shower before touching either of them.”
Presumably Dornan will also be drawing on his previous acting experience for the role. (The actor also plays a sadistic serial killer on the British drama The Fall.) “There are a couple of classic knots I know now,” Dornan told The Guardian earlier this year. “I’ve put them to good use far too many times recently. In fact I’d like to do a job where I don’t have to tie women to beds.”
Though Dornan doesn’t seem personally comfortable with the world of his character, at least fans can be assured that he’s well prepared.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate