No more sweat-drenched survivors trudging through forests! The Walking Dead‘s companion project is taking the zombie apocalypse out of Georgia. Sources confirm TV Line‘s report that the as-yet-untitled pilot is set in Los Angeles.
The scenery shift to the West Coast adds some intriguing setting possibilities: Beaches and the ocean, Hollywood, iconic landmarks, walker celebrities (though the cable show could likely never top Bill Murray in Zombieland), a nearby desert, and a larger metropolis to play with than the original hit’s occasional dips into Atlanta.
Just because the setting is Los Angeles doesn’t guarantee it will be shot there. AMC, which had no comment, is still casting the pilot written by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson. So far Cliff Curtis (Sunshine), Frank Dillane (who played Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm) have signed on.
This article originally appeared on Entertainment Weekly
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism