A 5-second teaser clip from Game of Thrones, Season 5, was leaked on YouTube Monday, despite HBO’s spirited attempt to keep the content securely within the show’s official webpage.
HBO invited fans to visit the show’s official webpage and sign up for access to the clip by entering their personal phone numbers. A link to the clip was then sent to the fan’s mobile phone, at which point the clip could be played just once, only on that mobile device, before it vanished into the ether. That is, until one crafty Redditor, spotted by Vulture, finagled a way to record the clip and share it over YouTube.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization