1. Micropayments and digital currencies will ignite an explosion of disruptive innovation.
By Walter Isaacson in LinkedIn
2. Latin America is taking the lead with progressive food policies — and putting public health above the interests of the food industry.
By Andy Bellatti in Civil Eats
3. To preserve biodiversity and lift up communities facing hunger in sub-Saharan Africa, indigenous plants might provide a solution.
By Amy Maxmen in Newsweek
4. Teacher preparation programs seek change with a pinpoint innovation approach. It’s time for a broad scale transformation of teaching.
By Kaylan Connally in EdCentral
5. Making clean plastics from biofuel waste could free up valuable farmland for food crops.
By Matt Safford in Smithsonian
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief