Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong’o and recent Golden Globe nominee David Oyelowo have been cast in the film version of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel Americanah.
The casting, reported by Variety, is another step forward for the cinematic adaptation of Adichie’s celebrated book, which the New York Times Book Review deemed one of 2013’s 10 best. Americanah tells the story of Ifemelu and Obinze, two lovers in Nigeria who reflect on their relationship and experiences emigrating to America and the United Kingdom, respectively.
Nyong’o has been attached to the project since June. Oyelowo just signed on, after recently appearing in Interstellar, A Most Violent Year, and Selma, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time