Kobe Bryant surpassed Michael Jordan’s record for points on Sunday night, putting him at third place on the NBA’s top scorers list, behind first place Karl Malone and second place Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Bryant scored his 32,293rd point in a game between his Los Angeles Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves — crossing over the record mark when shooting a free throw. Bryant said the achievement was a “huge honor,” and Michael Jordan congratulated Bryant, saying, “I look forward to seeing what he accomplishes next.”
Watch today’s Know Right Now to find out more.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time