If you haven’t seen the Annie since the 1982 original film came out, you may not remember that Annie’s beloved Daddy Warbucks takes her to a movie. In the updated version of the musical, before the movie starts, Annie is treated to a trailer for the upcoming sure-to-be blockbuster, Moonquake Lake.
Kutcher tweeted about the upcoming young adult romance earlier this month:
The film stars Mila Kunis as a child of the moon who falls in love with earthling Ashton Kutcher in an intergalactic Romeo & Juliet meets Twilight story about lovers who are truly star-crossed. The trailer also features a shrieking mermaid and Rihanna as a space wolf or some other creature sure to inspire many a “Rihanna what big teeth you have” joke.
Sadly MoonQuake Lake isn’t a real film, but it is a real song by Sia and Beck.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating