Seth MacFarlane may not be able to spoof the new Star Wars movie until it’s out, but he’s working with what he has so far.
The Family Guy creator used animated characters from his show to parody the recently released trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.
The trailer features Family Guy‘s Cleveland Brown as the stormtrooper played by John Boyega, his friend Joe Swanson as the “ball droid” and Lois Griffin as the speeder pilot Rey. Everyone’s favorite dad Peter Griffin is heard, but not seen, saying: “Well I just realized my spaceship works better when I have the keys,” while his son Chris plays X-Wing pilot Poe Dameron. Evil baby genius Stewie Griffin is a natural choice for Kylo Ren — the character wielding that controversial lightsaber.
And in case you have been living on a distant moon that didn’t have an internet connection, here is the original Episode VII trailer so you can compare the two:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow