Next year’s television shows may feel a bit familiar to audiences. With the success of shows like Fargo and Hannibal, more television networks than ever before are mining their film collections to find ideas for new series.
Perhaps it’s a sign of Hollywood’s lack of creativity that at least 22 television series based on old films are currently in the works. Fox, HBO, CBS and others are all hoping to draw audiences to remakes of old favorites like Big and second-shots at less popular films like Monster-in-Law. Though many of the projects have been greenlit, only time will tell how many actually make the leap from the big screen to the small.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization