Next year’s television shows may feel a bit familiar to audiences. With the success of shows like Fargo and Hannibal, more television networks than ever before are mining their film collections to find ideas for new series.
Perhaps it’s a sign of Hollywood’s lack of creativity that at least 22 television series based on old films are currently in the works. Fox, HBO, CBS and others are all hoping to draw audiences to remakes of old favorites like Big and second-shots at less popular films like Monster-in-Law. Though many of the projects have been greenlit, only time will tell how many actually make the leap from the big screen to the small.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears