Next year’s television shows may feel a bit familiar to audiences. With the success of shows like Fargo and Hannibal, more television networks than ever before are mining their film collections to find ideas for new series.
Perhaps it’s a sign of Hollywood’s lack of creativity that at least 22 television series based on old films are currently in the works. Fox, HBO, CBS and others are all hoping to draw audiences to remakes of old favorites like Big and second-shots at less popular films like Monster-in-Law. Though many of the projects have been greenlit, only time will tell how many actually make the leap from the big screen to the small.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022