Pop music’s two biggest stars—the only two musicians to have graced TIME‘s cover in 2014—met up Friday at Billboard‘s Women in Music event. It’s not the first time Beyoncé and Taylor Swift have interacted—remember the Kanye West incident at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards?—but it’s rare that such pop powerhouses are in the same room, let alone taking a moment to catch up.
Allow us to speculate about what they could have talked about:
- Taylor was thanking Beyoncé for releasing her surprise album on her birthday, because what do you get for the girl who has everything? Try 17 new Beyoncé videos.
- They were having a thoughtful debate about Spotify and their respective decisions to leave it and embrace it.
- Beyoncé recently watched The Fault in Our Stars and wanted to know what Taylor and John Green talked about the other day.
- They were discussing the “7/11” video. “Wait, so it’s not about the convenience store chain?” Taylor asks. “Also, spinning on one foot with my hands up is really hard.”
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year