After cutting off his dreadlocks and performing on NPR without auto-tune, T-Pain’s new single, “Keep On,” is the latest chapter in his career makeover. The video combines candid footage from his tour and some other clips from his basement, plus footage of the dreadlocks coming off in 2013.
The song is meant to be a life-affirming anthem of appreciating what you have: “I had everything I needed I just couldn’t see it, it was right in front of my eyes.” There’s nothing Christmas-themed about it, but it’s perfect for the holiday season.
[h/t Entertainment Weekly]
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year