Looking to download a few great iPhone apps while saving some money this weekend? Check out these five, all on sale or free for the new few days.
Combining strategy, physics, design, and man’s indefatigable ambition to soar among the stars, SimpleRockets puts you in the shoes of a rocket engineer. In the game, players design rockets by choosing engines and other parts, and then seeing if the vessel can sustain flight in a variety of extraterrestrial environments.
SimpleRockets is temporarily free in the App Store.
Perhaps more people would appreciate the romance of stargazing if they had any clue what they were looking at. In cities, it’s even harder to tell one small blip from another. Starglobe displays a realtime mural of the night sky on your phone so you can know which stars are above you at any given moment. Simply by pointing your phone to the sky, Starglobe will tell you (even in daylight or in the obscured sky of a city at night) which starts are in front of you.
Starglobe is temporarily free in the App Store.
There’s a reason why Scanbot is one of the highest-rated document scanners available for iOS: it not only allows you to scan documents of multiple pages and upload them to the cloud, but it also optimizes your documents so you can zoom in on them, and recognizes text so you can copy or search your PDF scans. It’s technology every computer or PDF reader should have. Until then, you can use Scanbot.
Scanbot is temporarily free in the App Store.
It’s been proven time and again that writing out a list of tasks in your iPhone Notes app in no way acts as a reminder to do anything or assures that any of your tasks will ever get completed. Checkmark 2 allows you to compartmentalize different tasks depending on where you are—tasks for work are kept under a different header than your grocery store list. It’s a simple way to avoid getting overwhelmed, and an even easier way to make sure things get done when and where they’re supposed to. The app comes with location and date specific reminders.
Checkmark 2 is on sale for $2.99 in the App Store.
Frontline: The Longest Day
Frontline is a mobile-friendly strategy game and a history lesson in a single app. The game allows users to command allied troops in different missions from Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of Normandy that included D-Day. Storm the beaches without the Saving Private Ryan gore and overpower enemy forces by using different specialized attack units.
Frontline: The Longest Day is on sale for $2.99 in the App Store.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023