Over the years The Colbert Report has hosted some pretty stellar guests but few if any rival the awesomeness of Thursday night’s interview with The Last Great Fire Drake of the Third Age, Smaug, the dragon from The Hobbit movies.
Tolkien superfan Colbert, whose show ends Dec. 18, pointed out to his guest that they have a couple things in common.
“We both live in gated communities and we’re both fiscal conservatives who sleep on giant piles of gold,” Colbert said.
Smaug agrees. We also learn Smaug is a Rand Paul supporter—no response yet from the Kentucky Senator and likely presidential candidate on his latest high-profile endorsement.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year