A hacker group calling itself the “Guardians of Peace,” or #GOP, sent an ominous new warning to Sony Pictures Entertainment employees on Thursday, causing the scary message to flash upon computer screens.
An unnamed individual familiar with the situation told TheWrap that several Sony employees received the message and most felt “disturbed.” Another source said the threat promised to do more damage if the #GOP’s demands aren’t met.
It’s been almost three weeks since hackers calling themselves the Guardians of Peace first broke into Sony’s systems before posting unreleased films and company documents online. The new warning is evidence the hackers still have access to the company’s network.
Sony executive Amy Pascal, meanwhile, told TheWrap that the hackers have “everyone’s emails in this company for the last 10 years.”
The identity of the hackers who targeted Sony is unknown. Some believe they’re tied to the North Korean government, which is furious over an upcoming Sony comedy about an assassination plot against the country’s leader.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time