Hot on the heels of her latest collaboration with Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj dropped a brand new video for her The Pinkprint track, “Only.”
After being criticized for using what some saw as Nazi imagery in her last video, for her latest work, Minaj teamed up with Hannah Lux Davis for a David Fincher-esque romp through a sex dungeon. In the NSFW clip, Minaj is 50 shades of dark and sexy in leather and lace, dominating rappers Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Drake and everyone else in the local S& M club.
Minaj is center stage as the men lay down their complimentary (and objectifying) verses at her leather-clad feet. It’s not just Minaj’s attire and attitude that are intimidating, though; even when up on a pedestal, Minaj still spits out tongue-twisting rhymes faster than anyone else on set. The song is a talent contest between the rappers. As Brown says, “If you lame and you know it, be quiet.”
The Pinkprint is out Monday.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year