Travel guide book publisher Lonely Planet has unveiled its list of the best U.S. travel destinations for the coming year, and the winner is… Queens, New York.
“With microbreweries springing up, new boutique hotels, a reinvented seaside at Rockaway, a world-class art scene, and a truly global food culture, 2015 is the year to try Queens,” Lonely Planet explains on its site. Home to more than two million people — which would make it the fourth largest city in America if it were its own city — Queens is “finally emerging from the shadows of Manhattan to take its place as one of New York’s most fascinating boroughs.”
Some of the borough’s many tourist destinations include the Queens Museum and the Museum of the Moving Image, the boardwalk at Rockaway and tons of restaurants, Lonely Planet says.
Here’s the full list of top travel destinations:
1. Queens, New York
2. Western South Dakota
3. New Orleans
4. Colorado River region
5. North Conway, New Hampshire
7. Greenville, South Carolina
8. Oakland, California
9. Duluth, Minnesota
10. Mount Shasta region, California
Read more at Lonely Planet.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up