Supermodel Beverly Johnson added her name Thursday to a growing list of women who have accused comedian and actor Bill Cosby of either drugging or sexually assaulting them in the past.
Writing for Vanity Fair, Johnson details how she met with Cosby several times in the 1980s to discuss and prepare for a possible role on The Cosby Show. During one visit at his home, she alleges, Cosby insisted she have a cappuccino from the espresso machine in his personal bar. Johnson says that because of her experimentation with drugs in the 70s, she “knew by the second sip of the drink Cosby had given me that [she’d] been drugged.” When she shouted at him and tried to fight him off, she claims, Cosby put her in a cab.
She later tried to call Cosby and confront him, but gave up after reaching his wife: “I didn’t call back the next day or any other day after that,” she adds. “At a certain moment it became clear that I would be fighting a losing battle with a powerful man so callous he not only drugged me, but he also gave me the number to the bedroom he shared with his wife.”
Johnson explains that she decided to break her silence following the many women, including her friend and fellow model Janice Dickinson, who have come forward to similarly accuse Cosby. The actor’s attorneys did not respond to Vanity Fair‘s requests for comment on Johnson’s accusations; Cosby has repeatedly denied or declined to comment on the allegations.
Read more at Vanity Fair
Read next: Bill Cosby Accuser Tamara Green Files Defamation Lawsuit
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now