1. A rule in the Affordable Care Act could make hospitals safer.
By Mike Corones at Reuters
2. As U.S. influence in the Middle East wanes, the United Arab Emirates is stepping up.
By Steven A. Cook in the Octavian Report
3. How do you extend banking services to an industry that’s illegal under federal law? Colorado’s answer is a credit union for pot growers and sellers.
By David Migoya in the Denver Post
4. A simple step — lighting pathways to latrines and latrines themselves in rural areas — can improve safety for women and girls.
By Dr. Michelle Hynes and Dr. Michelle Dynes at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
5. The International Olympic Committee vote to protect gay athletes is an important first step, but more work remains.
By Laura Clise in the Advocate
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction