Spotify is making it easier to keep tabs on what your friends have been listening to.
The music streaming service announced a new feature Thursday that lets users see a ranking of the most-played songs by people that they follow. Called “Top Tracks in Your Network,” the new chart can be found under the Browse tab and will be refreshed daily.
Spotify already let users see an ongoing stream of the songs friends were playing in real time, so this new feature seems to be a way to aggregate that data. The company is also updating artist and album pages to include info about which of your friends have been listening to the same music recently.
The Top Tracks in Your Network feature is available on mobile platforms now and will come to the desktop soon. Updated album and artist pages are now on desktop and will hit mobile within a few weeks.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms