Microsoft quietly updated its payment options to include Bitcoin, making it one of the largest companies yet to accept the digital currency.
“You can now use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account,” Microsoft wrote in an update to its payment policy. Bitcoins can then be used to purchase digital content like Windows Phone apps and Xbox games and music.
Only a handful of businesses currently accept Bitcoins as payment option, most notably PayPal and a smattering of oddball brick and mortar stores. Microsoft is the first major tech company, ahead of Apple and Google, to accept the digital currency.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time