Microsoft quietly updated its payment options to include Bitcoin, making it one of the largest companies yet to accept the digital currency.
“You can now use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account,” Microsoft wrote in an update to its payment policy. Bitcoins can then be used to purchase digital content like Windows Phone apps and Xbox games and music.
Only a handful of businesses currently accept Bitcoins as payment option, most notably PayPal and a smattering of oddball brick and mortar stores. Microsoft is the first major tech company, ahead of Apple and Google, to accept the digital currency.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science