Microsoft quietly updated its payment options to include Bitcoin, making it one of the largest companies yet to accept the digital currency.
“You can now use Bitcoin to add money to your Microsoft account,” Microsoft wrote in an update to its payment policy. Bitcoins can then be used to purchase digital content like Windows Phone apps and Xbox games and music.
Only a handful of businesses currently accept Bitcoins as payment option, most notably PayPal and a smattering of oddball brick and mortar stores. Microsoft is the first major tech company, ahead of Apple and Google, to accept the digital currency.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up