A fisherman landed in Hawaii on Wednesday after surviving twelve days adrift at sea.
Ron Ingram was sailing from Molokai to Lanai when on Thanksgiving day his boat began taking on water, according to Hawaii News Now. He wasn’t found in a 12,000 square-mile search, so search activity was suspended December 1.
But on Tuesday morning, the 67-year-old fisherman surfaced with a distress call and was picked up by the Coast Guard.
“Twelve days, man. He’s a champ! He’s tough!” Zakary Ingram, Ron’s son, said to Hawaii News Now.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time