The BBC has announced that the Cormoran Strike novels, written by J.K. Rowling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, will become a BBC One television series.
The series will start with the first book in the series, The Cuckoo’s Calling, which was published in 2013 and has Strike investigating the suspicious death of a famous supermodel.
“It’s a wonderful coup for BBC Television to be bringing J.K. Rowling’s latest books to the screen. With the rich character of Cormoran Strike at their heart, these dramas will be event television across the world,” Danny Cohen, Director of BBC Television, said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022