The BBC has announced that the Cormoran Strike novels, written by J.K. Rowling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, will become a BBC One television series.
The series will start with the first book in the series, The Cuckoo’s Calling, which was published in 2013 and has Strike investigating the suspicious death of a famous supermodel.
“It’s a wonderful coup for BBC Television to be bringing J.K. Rowling’s latest books to the screen. With the rich character of Cormoran Strike at their heart, these dramas will be event television across the world,” Danny Cohen, Director of BBC Television, said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time