A cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” by singer-songwriter Peter Hollens is going viral, thanks to a stirring a cappella arrangement featuring Jackie Evancho.
Hollens appeared on season 2 of NBC’s The Sing-Off, and has been compared to Pentatonix, another group made famous by the a cappella competition show. Evancho, a 14-year-old soprano, has performed on America’s Got Talent and at the National Christmas Tree Lighting in Washington, D.C.
Below is Leonard Cohen’s original for reference:
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working