Every Thursday, Instagram streams are filled with pictures of your best friend’s worst childhood fashion choices. #ThrowbackThursday — often shortened to #TBT to save #CharacterSpace — is a nostalgia-driven social media trend that has been adopted by everyone from the Kardashians to your Dad to President Obama.
But who had the most popular #TBT of 2014? Instagram scoured its photo database and found that the #TBT with the most likes came from none other than Justin Bieber.
In fact, when looking at the most popular photos associated with the throwback hashtags, Bieber’s account had the five most liked pictures out of all of Instagram’s 300 million active monthly users.
And now, to properly celebrate one of the last Throwback Thursdays of the year, a throwback to some of the most popular #TBTs of 2014, as compiled by Instagram:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving