Australian landscaper photographer Peter Lik has set a new world record after a private unnamed collector purchased one of his photos for an unprecedented $6.5 million.
The black-and-white image, called “Phantom,” was taken in Arizona’s Antelope Canyon, the Guardian reports. The record for most expensive photo ever sold was previously held by Andreas Gursky’s “Rhein II.” In 2011, it sold for $4.3 million.
Read next: TIME Picks the Top 10 Photos of 2014
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time