Hallmark Cards has scrapped a blue and silver gift wrap after customers complained that the design looked like a Swastika. Hallmark recalled the paper after receiving a complaint from a customer at Walgreens in California, who found the wrap in a Hanukkah display.
Hallmark spokesperson Julie Elliot told the Associated Press that the gift wrap was intended for holiday use and wasn’t specifically Hanukkah themed, despite being blue and silver. Elliot said that Hallmark did not intend to offend anyone, and the company will stop making and selling the wrap.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms