The Android version of Google Hangouts, Google’s video chat app, is getting some helpful new features today. If a friend you’re talking with through the video chat app asks “where are you,” Google will recognize the phrase and allow you to immediately share your location with the press of a single button. The app is also adding “last seen” timestamps to users so it’s easier to tell whether friends are available to talk or not.
The visuals of Hangouts are also getting an update with 16 new sticker packs that feature penguins, koalas and cats, among other creatures. New video filters like sepia and black and white have also been added.
The Hangout changes are exclusive to Android for now, but an iOS update is also in the works.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror