As you probably know from the title of her wildly successful album, 1989, Taylor Swift was born in the year 1989. More specifically, she was born on December 13, 1989, making her 25 years old. Congrats on hitting the quarter-century mark, Tay! Proud of you. You’ve accomplished more in your 25 years than the rest of us will accomplish in our whole lives.
To kick off the birthday festivities, we’ve come up with 25 well-wishes for the “Blank Space” singer. Here’s what we hope for Tay-Tay as she embarks on her 25th year:
- To continue shaking it off when the haters hate hate hate hate hate.
- A new kitten for her current cats Olivia Benson and Meredith to play with.
- That the media still stop accusing all her friends of dating her (this is actually her special request.)
- A thousand awards shows where she can dance to her heart’s content.
- A belly button (since she maybe/probably doesn’t have one.)
- A bad guy to make good for a weekend.
- A compass to help her get Out of the Woods.
- Steve Carell serenading her with his rendition of “Shake It Off.”
- A super fun girls’ weekend getaway in the Dominican Republic with her besties Lorde, Karlie Kloss and Sarah Hyland.
- A new all-purpose crop top.
- A new, special sleet and garbage-resistant crop top that she can wear over her winter coat in New York City.
- Ten new cookie recipes so she can change things up when she gives all her friends Christmas cookies this year.
- A day even bigger than Elaine’s Big Day.
- A more official, public best friendship with mutual admirer Kendrick Lamar.
- BFF bracelets with Kendrick Lamar to seal the deal.
- Also, BFF bracelets with her BFF Ed Sheeran.
- That whoever was mean to her from the song “Mean” has something bad happen to them. (Just kidding, Tay isn’t vindictive like that.)
- A brand new banjo so she can reminisce about her old country days.
- A brand new drum machine so she can celebrate her new pop days.
- That all of us will remember her standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe.
- That she gets to be tourism ambassador of Bali so she can escape New York and go somewhere actually nice.
- That she never gets this, uh, adventurous with hairstyles ever again.
- That all her relationships will remain peaceful and free of Bad Blood.
- A play date with her friend Lena Dunham’s dog Lamby.
- To just keep dancing like she’s 22. Even though she’s 25.
Party hard this year, birthday girl. You earned it.