Facebook is out with its annual roundup of the year’s top Facebook games, with one game taking the ultimate crown.
Cookie Jam, a matching game launched by SGN last May, “swept all others” to become Facebook’s Game of the Year, the company announced Tuesday on its blog. While only one game could claim the biggest title, Facebook also identified some stand-outs from the year, including a new Candy Crush game and Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
These are Facebook’s best new games of 2014:
- Bubble Witch 2 Saga
- Candy Crush Soda Saga
- Hero Defense
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
- League of Angels
- Old Vegas Slots
- Sparta: War of Empires
These are the Facebook staff’s favorite games of 2014:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This