Joseph Gordon-Levitt does quite the balancing act as star of the 2015 film The Walk.
Sony Pictures unveiled Tuesday the first trailer for the upcoming movie, in which Gordon-Levitt plays tightrope walker Philippe Petit, who successfully walked between the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers in 1974 (which was the subject of the 2008 Oscar-winning documentary Man on Wire). In the trailer, we see Gordon-Levitt on the roof of one of the towers, peering out over the New York skyline. He takes a tentative step out onto a metal beam, then confidently poses on one leg as triumphant music blares.
The movie, helmed by Forrest Gump and Back to the Future director Robert Zemeckis, is slated for an October 2015 release. Check out the full trailer above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction