Attention: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have met Queen Bey and Jay. I repeat: Kate Middleton and Prince William met Beyoncé and Jay Z.
The momentous encounter took place Monday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where both couples watched the Brooklyn Nets play the Cleveland Cavaliers, which meant LeBron James was also in the same room.
Both royal couples had courtside seats, but they were sitting across from each other, not next to each other. Presumably, that was a calculated effort so that the stadium did not tip to one side, which would have surely ruined LeBron’s game.
Beyoncé and Jay Z reportedly walked over to meet Will and Kate during a break in the game.
If you heard the ground shake, do not be alarmed: it was simply the reverberations that naturally happen when two forces of enormous star power collide with one another.
Thankfully, both Baby George and Blue Ivy stayed home from the game, or else there may have been a true earthquake.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time