Attention: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have met Queen Bey and Jay. I repeat: Kate Middleton and Prince William met Beyoncé and Jay Z.
The momentous encounter took place Monday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where both couples watched the Brooklyn Nets play the Cleveland Cavaliers, which meant LeBron James was also in the same room.
Both royal couples had courtside seats, but they were sitting across from each other, not next to each other. Presumably, that was a calculated effort so that the stadium did not tip to one side, which would have surely ruined LeBron’s game.
Beyoncé and Jay Z reportedly walked over to meet Will and Kate during a break in the game.
If you heard the ground shake, do not be alarmed: it was simply the reverberations that naturally happen when two forces of enormous star power collide with one another.
Thankfully, both Baby George and Blue Ivy stayed home from the game, or else there may have been a true earthquake.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List