Not even a multi-million dollar fortune is enough to make Grumpy Cat smile.
The Internet-famous cat, known for her perpetually unamused, angry expression, has raked in $100 million over the past two years, Express reported Sunday — though the cat’s owner, Tabatha Bundesen of Morristown, Ariz. has since refuted that figure. Still, Bundesen said she is astounded by the commercial success of her cat — actually named Tardar Sauce — who has been featured in books, media appearances and a movie ever since she shot to fame in 2012 via Reddit and YouTube.
Grumpy Cat’s latest commercial project is an iced coffee line called Grumppuccino:
“What she’s achieved in such a short time is unimaginable and absolutely mind-blowing,” Bundesen told Express. “I was able to quit my job as a waitress within days of her first appearance on social media and the phone simply hasn’t stopped ringing since.”
Bundesen said the reason Tardar Sauce has a permanent scowl is because she was born with an underbite and dwarfism.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time