Not even a multi-million dollar fortune is enough to make Grumpy Cat smile.
The Internet-famous cat, known for her perpetually unamused, angry expression, has raked in $100 million over the past two years, Express reported Sunday — though the cat’s owner, Tabatha Bundesen of Morristown, Ariz. has since refuted that figure. Still, Bundesen said she is astounded by the commercial success of her cat — actually named Tardar Sauce — who has been featured in books, media appearances and a movie ever since she shot to fame in 2012 via Reddit and YouTube.
Grumpy Cat’s latest commercial project is an iced coffee line called Grumppuccino:
“What she’s achieved in such a short time is unimaginable and absolutely mind-blowing,” Bundesen told Express. “I was able to quit my job as a waitress within days of her first appearance on social media and the phone simply hasn’t stopped ringing since.”
Bundesen said the reason Tardar Sauce has a permanent scowl is because she was born with an underbite and dwarfism.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate