It seems like just about everyone has watched the trailer for J.J. Abrams’ new interpretation of Star Wars, which has been viewed over 45 million times on YouTube since its late November release. Well, everyone except original Star Wars creator George Lucas.
When the New York Post asked Lucas what he thought of the trailer, the famed director responded: “I don’t know anything about it. I haven’t seen it yet.”
And he isn’t planning on watching it, “Because it’s not in the movie theater,” he explained. “I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there. I plan to see it when its released.”
In case spoofs aren’t off limits, Lucas can tide himself over with this hilarious Saturday Night Live reinterpretation that aired over the weekend:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow