Kirk Cameron’s new Christmas movie is earning all the wrong kinds of distinctions.
The November release Saving Christmas was voted the worst movie ever by IMDb users, garnering 1.5 out of 5 stars with scores from more than 4,000 users.
The movie, which centers on Cameron’s quest to show his brother-in-law the true meaning of Christmas, started drawing people’s ire when Cameron began a social media campaign to improve the film’s Rotten Tomatoes score. That plan seems to have backfired big time.
Saving Christmas beat out other famously awful movies like Gigli and From Justin to Kelly on IMDb’s “Bottom 100” list. There’s even another holiday movie in the rankings called Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement