Stephen Colbert will go to Washington to interview President Barack Obama for one of his last episodes.
The Colbert Report special episode,“Stephen Colbert Presents: Mr. Colbert Goes to Washington D.C. Ya Later, Legislator: Partisan is Such Sweet Sorrow: A Colbert Victory Lap, ‘014,” will be filmed at George Washington University on December 8. Obama had a cameo appearance on Colbert’s show in 2009, when he ordered General Ray Odierno to shave the host’s head for a broadcast in Baghdad.
The move marks a change of White House policy. In 2010, former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told TIME he would never let Obama do Colbert, and the comedian ran a segment on the president being terrified of appearing on the show.
The Colbert Report‘s final show will take place on December 18; Colbert is leaving to take over CBS’ The Late Show next year.
Here’s the full clip:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving