Ryan Seacrest confessed some crippling childhood insecurities to Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night.
“I used to hate spring break…because you would have to go to the pool or the beach and I never wanted to take my shirt off,” Seacrest said.
The American Idol host revealed that he was overweight as a child, and worked hard to get to where he is now and overcome his body issues.
“I definitely think that remembering how I felt back then drives me to stay fit as an adult,” he added. “I treat my workouts as one of the most important meetings of the day.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now