Ryan Seacrest confessed some crippling childhood insecurities to Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night.
“I used to hate spring break…because you would have to go to the pool or the beach and I never wanted to take my shirt off,” Seacrest said.
The American Idol host revealed that he was overweight as a child, and worked hard to get to where he is now and overcome his body issues.
“I definitely think that remembering how I felt back then drives me to stay fit as an adult,” he added. “I treat my workouts as one of the most important meetings of the day.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve