In today’s modern, fast-paced, hyper-connected society, multitasking is simply a necessary part of life. Stealthily checking your texts during a meeting? Fine. Checking your bank account balance while waiting in line at the grocery store? Sure! Checking Facebook during sex — wait, what?
Yes, apparently people do that. According to a survey conducted for condom maker Durex, around 5 percent of people have checked their Facebook during coitus. Oh, 12 percent of respondents had answered a phone call during sex, and 10 percent had read a text. Technically, calls and texts could be relaying urgent, life-altering information, so we guess that’s a little more acceptable. But Facebook? Can’t you just wait till after you’re done to find out what your co-worker’s kid ate for breakfast?
Seriously, guys. We need to draw the line somewhere.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow