In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Wednesday evening, Sofia Vergara — who, thanks to her role on Modern Family, is the highest-paid actress on television — talked about the long and “very emotional” process of becoming a United States citizen.
The most interesting part of the process, the Colombian-born actress said, was the 100-question test she had to take. But don’t worry — she aced it, getting all 100 questions right.
Other hoops she had to jump through, she explains, included swearing that she was going to fight for the United States and “swearing to the … thing.”
Vergara also took a moment to get a bit more serious about the process. “You know what? It’s a very emotional moment for me,” the Emmy-nominated actress said. “It took me a lot of time to get my residence even though I was working here for a long time.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization