In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Wednesday evening, Sofia Vergara — who, thanks to her role on Modern Family, is the highest-paid actress on television — talked about the long and “very emotional” process of becoming a United States citizen.
The most interesting part of the process, the Colombian-born actress said, was the 100-question test she had to take. But don’t worry — she aced it, getting all 100 questions right.
Other hoops she had to jump through, she explains, included swearing that she was going to fight for the United States and “swearing to the … thing.”
Vergara also took a moment to get a bit more serious about the process. “You know what? It’s a very emotional moment for me,” the Emmy-nominated actress said. “It took me a lot of time to get my residence even though I was working here for a long time.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time