More than half a million users have accessed the Reddit discussion about the wildly popular podcast Serial, where some fans are attempting to answer questions about the true-life mystery that are so-far unanswered in the podcast.
The show, which released its tenth episode on Thursday, investigates the murder of a teenager in Baltimore more than a decade ago that led to the arrest and conviction of her ex-boyfriend Adnan Syed. A spinoff from NPR’s This American Life, the podcast is hosted and produced by Sarah Koenig.
But the BBC reports that some web users are taking the investigation into their own hands and moderators of the Reddit page have been forced to delete personal information related to characters in the podcast.
Adnan Syed’s appeal against his murder conviction is expected to start in January.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief