Jon Stewart couldn’t find anything to joke about on The Daily Show when he talked about Eric Garner. Garner was killed after being put in a chokehold by a cop, and a grand jury declined to indict the officer Wednesday, sparking national outrage.
“If comedy is tragedy plus time, I need more f—king time,” Stewart said.
“We are definitely not living in a post-racial society,” he continued. “And I bet there are a lot of people out there wondering how much of a society we are living in at all.”
Watch the full clip here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve